Music Banter - View Single Post - God is in your mind?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 03:50 AM   #47 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
^^as again, i say it's like that because we force our own athropological conception on it

a Helium-based lifeform might say that the precise amount of quarks facilitate life for them therefore there must be the Helium equivalent of a God on some alien planet

we impose our own order upon the Universe by our own computation, calculation and theories

a Helium-based lifeform would probably not survive on our world and not be able to live in our constructs, which we construct only because our own perception of reality

as for irreducible complexity, it is still a "catch all" explanation for things we don't understand yet - i don't really subscribe fully to Dawkins' scientific atheism but i do concur with his furnishing of the "paradigm shift" - long ago, we thought the earth was flat, then it was found to be not so - just because at that point, we have no means to see that the Earth is round, doesn't mean it's "irreducibly complex" to be unable to deduce the Earth is really flat

i'm saying that it's only paradigms we're going through, just because now they seem irreducibly complex, doesn't mean in the future, we can't create instruments that measure or take apart these irreducible complexities
That's true. Someday we may prove that the universe isn't irreducibly complex. I'm sure some would argue that science already has. But it's also possible that we may some day prove that it is irrecucibly complex.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote