Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #294 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Default "Be Our Friend" YouTube video

Good day, MB,

Below is the YouTube video that I finally finished for the song I wrote for my child several years ago as described here: http://www.musicbanter.com/song-writ...tml#post958510

My goal was to create an uplifting, positive song that explains the emotional reasons for veganism as well as the basics of nourishing oneself using vegan foods.

I'm fond of this song not only because it was my first "vegan song," but also because it includes the first recording I ever made of my electric guitar and drums. I remember I had just read about power chords, which are great, and so I used them in the song.

I decided to sing about "kale" instead of "spinach" in it after my mom recommended the change, her reason being that spinach, although a great source of iron, can interfere with calcium absorption. I like to joke that this song may be the only one in existence that mentions kale!

"Be Our Friend" by Erica

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 01-14-2012 at 07:24 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote