Music Banter - View Single Post - American Presidency Campaign
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #82 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Well I don't know if he wants to give it to local governments. I think its states. And since I've been harassed for my opinions prior, let me over-explain myself here.

I think giving most control to the States would deny people freedoms and right.

I don't think you can deny that, but I'd ask you - is there an advantage to that in the long run? Heres why I ask, I think the Federal Governemnt allows for people to be crazy. It allows them to say things like "I think there should be no minimum wage!" because they know it will never happen.

But what if we do let it happen. What if Ron Paul wins and all these loud-mouth conservative factory-line workers start making 3.75 an hour? Maybe I can propose this from the safety of my Lefty Massachusetts cocoon. But I think, if Freakonomics is correct, and banning abortion will jack up the crime rate, and folks are getting paid 1850's level wages, and you're allowed to sell cars that break down, doctors and lawyers don't need degrees or to pass bar exams, and semi-automatics and booze are sold at drive-thrus I think you'd see a lot of this non-sense die out rather quickly.