Music Banter - View Single Post - Which country (within the Anglosphere) makes the best music?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 01:43 AM   #403 (permalink)
starrynight
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldPo View Post
I don't really like these questions to be honest. It instigates nationalism in people. Or at least an artificial sense of pride in where you are from. It kind of contradicts everything music is for me, something universally human and empathetically beautiful and because of that, I think categorising who is better at making music is a little childish ( not targeting the thread maker or anyone in this thread at all). I just think music means more than this.
This is what I say all the time on music forums. Obviously this poll doesn't have to looked at that way but some will. It's the same with other artforms, some people in some places look at it as patriotic to highly rate art from where they are from. For example quite a few Eastern European films are probably highly overrated on imdb because of this.

I'm English but not that proud of it in some ways (awful politics, awful tabloids), but proud in some I suppose.