Music Banter - View Single Post - Suicide Silence
Thread: Suicide Silence
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #63 (permalink)
LOLPOCALYPSE
Aryan Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Indeed they do. You think bands like Blind Guardian, Manowar, and Hammerfall are faking their love of fantasy and metal? And I think sometimes power metal bands do have too clean a production job, but since they're not really trying to sell aggression like a Killswitch Engage or a Meshuggah, it doesn't really ruin the music in their case.
I guess we have a different view on what aggression is, because KSE's debut and Meshuggah's entire discography put forth a legitimate aggression. There is really no way to tell if something is "heartfelt" or not. Anthrax's aggression sounds just as calculated as any other metal band to me. Sometimes the aggression in lo-fi albums comes across as even more forced to me. People seem to get the "They may not have spent a lot of money, but boy are they angry" attitude (thinking this raises the bar for the band somehow) when the "They may have spent a lot of money, but boy are they angry" attitude is just as plausible. Not saying that's the way you think or anything, it's just something I've noticed in general.
LOLPOCALYPSE is offline   Reply With Quote