Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #778 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
Cocaine was straight, i heard another song that was really smooth and bumpin, really understated. I'm gonna get the album oneathesedays.
I like it too. Where are all the people that were spewing this "odd future is anti-feminism" nonsense earlier in the thread?
Quote:
Kurt Cobain gets dropped by plenty of people, Lil Wayne is probably a bigger fan than Tyler (no joke). Besides that, though, Tyler has a much different ethos than Cobain, at least as a songwriter.
Yeah man, Cobain admittedly loved writing pop songs.
Quote:
I'll grant you your right to not appreciate his music. Personally, i think he's got a lot of cleverness, creativity, and a piss off attitude that allows him to vent those qualities openly and extremely candidly (even when it makes you cringe, Lil B style).
yup. I don't agree with them being mainstream, they are certainly very popular. I think this is because of tyler ingenuity. The fonts and graphics he chooses to promote his music are really effective. I don't think his flow is nearly as good as most rappers mentioned in the same breath, but his monotone definitively has character.

I think the skateboard culture has embraced them specifically. Surell, haven't you been wondering why lil wayne has been getting on a skateboard so much lately?

It's hard for me to have a stance on Odd Future, I disagree with everyone who praises them highly and those who dislike them strongly.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote