Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #780 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Yeah man, Cobain admittedly loved writing pop songs.
Most beatles kids did i'm sure, him and Elliott Smith and so on and so forth. Although i wouldn't say i see it near as much in Cobain as Smith, but that's because i don't listen to Nirvana as much as the latter.

Quote:
yup. I don't agree with them being mainstream, they are certainly very popular. I think this is because of tyler ingenuity. The fonts and graphics he chooses to promote his music are really effective. I don't think his flow is nearly as good as most rappers mentioned in the same breath, but his monotone definitively has character.
True this. Also, Tyler isn't very consistent. Really, i think a lot of times his flow is somewhat more consistent than his lyrical content.

Quote:
I think the skateboard culture has embraced them specifically. Surell, haven't you been wondering why lil wayne has been getting on a skateboard so much lately?
Wellll, I always thought he was trying to tackle that aspect at least somewhat before Odd Future was blowing up. He at least had the whole Vans/skinny jeans thing down before then.

But yeah, skate kids luuuuvvv OF, and all the punk brats that are associated with them. It's intense, too.

Quote:
It's hard for me to have a stance on Odd Future, I disagree with everyone who praises them highly and those who dislike them strongly.
You're weird, love it or hate it dood.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote