Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #315 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Thank you, (((Cyber Sister))), for celebrating with me! I'm looking forward to testing out the Silver Sister on a short solo I wanted to record again for a song I'm working on. This will be the perfect way for me to compare my Squier Fat Strat with the new guitar.

Thank you also for the Strat song. I wish I could have seen you and your band playing "Talk of the Town" when you were a teenager! I love that quote from "Talk of the Town" and am honored that you would associate it with me.

I think it is true that I don't like social rules when they are based on negativity. I hate feeling confined, but I especially hate feeling confined by disapproval where the disapproval arises out of tradition rather than rational reasons for the convention. As a result, I definitely don't follow some social rules and I don't just do something because it is "expected." I like to learn about whether the conventions are good or not before deciding what to do.

However, I do actually follow safety-related rules very, very carefully, Liz. Just yesterday, my child wanted to jump in one of those inflatable bounce houses in which he had jumped previously, but I noticed a sign had since been posted saying that kids had to be 7 or younger to jump. A friend of mine said our kids would be well-behaved so we could let them jump, but I still told mine that he wasn't allowed to because the owners were limiting the jumping house to younger children.

I'm sure my child would have jumped safely without knocking over little kids, but I knew that if I let *him* jump, then there's be no reason to expect anyone else to follow the rule, and pretty soon the bounce house would be full of a mob of teenagers (and me!) bouncing off the walls while tiny toddlers scream in terror!

Liz, I listened to more songs by The Pretenders today at work, assimilating what I like about them, when it suddenly occurred to me that your hearing might not be back to normal yet. I hope it is so that you can hear the "Kid" solo in all its short glory through both of your ears.

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote