Music Banter - View Single Post - Mini-Review The Song Above You
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #1301 (permalink)
blankety blank
Passerby

[QUOTE=DoctorSoft;1158783]I dug that, it was catchy. Good lyrics as well. 7/10

Glad you liked it. Nick Cave is a strange dude. You're right, the lyrics are outstanding. The LP is entitled Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!! I won't rant on the symbolism, but, people just don't understand how poignant and prophetically profound messages are found everywhere in prose. And, it certainly is an issue of the planets and the stars. A specific 'morning star' to be precise.

As for the song you posted. I have a question. Is the music and back round singing the 'hip' or the 'hop'? I listened, but, the rap was not that lyrically strong, in my opinion. I do have a respect for Emimem. I don't much care for rap, but, he is an intelligent man. He had issues that were somewhat morbid, but, he struck me as a deep thinker. Eight Mile was a profound effort, and, I do respect him. I don't like Lady Ga Ga, but, I give her props as well. It's the Justin Beibers of music that really annoy me

Keep throwing them out. I'll listen, and, eventually will hear one I like.

One last comment. The words on the grocery store, and the hat....I don't get it. I don't know where you are from, but, I grew up with several black friends. My Dad wouldn't let them in the house. He used that word, as, most of my family did, and, it sickened me. I don't understand why they refer to each other as that word. I don't care how it's spelled, it rings the same tune. As a cracker, I'm appalled I just don't get it. I want people to see this poem. It is from an African Shakespeare. I don't remember where I picked it up, but, it is interesting. Then, I will throw some more blues out.

poem written by an African Shakespeare

Dear white fella,

Couple things you should know
When I born, I black
When I grow up, I black
When I go in sun, I black
When I cold, I black
When I scared, I black
When I sick, I black
And when I die, I still black.

You white fella
When you born, you pink
When you grow up, you white
When you go in sun, you red
When you cold, you blue
When you scared, you yellow
When you sick, you green
And when you die, you gray.
And you have the nerve to call me Colored??

Ironic, if anything And, True.

peace dude
blankety blank is offline   Reply With Quote