Music Banter - View Single Post - It's Witch House Week!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
I've not listened to a note of those songs as the hilarity of the image of a bunch of pasty faced socially awkward goths melting in some hot sweaty nightclub takes away all this movements credibility.
I've been to one of the club nights in Islington, and I can say without any hesitation that it was the most pretentious set of people I have ever had the displeasure of rubbing shoulders with. I went because I thought it'd be a club with people like myself who just wanted to experience a slightly different club vibe.

No, it was full of art students from St Martins or Chelsea with occult symbols daubed on their faces. Some were wearing 'robes', a few were even walking around proclaiming the might of some demonic entity they'd plucked from a HP Lovecraft story. They refused to dance or show any hint of enjoyment - that would be the uncool thing to do. They were just cunts, and we left after about two hours. You're not allowed to take pictures at these events either, because the organisers want to keep it all esoteric and underground - they want to create a mythology around it.

As for the music, you have to sift through a lot of hollow, uninspiring crap to get to the decent stuff, but there a few acts that are genuinely very good.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote