Music Banter - View Single Post - God is in your mind?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #416 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I have to admit I've had the pleasure of studying a subject that I feel answered many of the questions I previously had about stuff like this. Generally speaking, I no longer wonder where we came from or why I'm here because I've learned answers to those questions. Today, I feel like I understand the process from which atoms can arrange themselves to eventually give rise to an individual like me. Of course I don't know every step of the way, but I feel confident that if I were to study any of the steps, they would seem logical and make sense to me. The stuff I don't know, like what happened before the Big Bang, is not actually something I consider terribly important. It doesn't really bother me much that we'll probably never know.

All in all, I feel well grounded and spiritually satisfied. My "faith" is strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yeah, I just wish I could find a more compelling reason to go on other than, "Well, I don't feel like killing myself, so I might as well keep on keepin' on." That goes for morality as well as surviving in general.
When I was younger, before I knew what I was going to study and before I met my wife and so on, I remember how life occasionally felt ultimately pointless. I think each of us just have to define for ourselves what it is we live for. That's a truth I think, although I definitely accept that I come from a line of ancestors stretching back billions of years who kept on birthing the next generation and I'm prepared to do my part like the ones before.