Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Rap Artists
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #830 (permalink)
kylestyle97
Groupie

Cool

1.Nas
2.2pac
3.BIG
4.Jay-Z
5.Eminem
6.Yelawolf
7.Tech N9ne
8.Busta Rhymes
9.La Coka Nostra
10. Hopsin
4000000000000000. ANYONE IN YOUNG MONEY!

NO PROBLEM FELLOW RAP LOVERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noise Wall View Post
Definitely. Every song on Illmatic is ****ing incredible. It is incredibly raw and represents that early 90s new york style hip hop, extremely well. His later stuff sounds more like the crappy, commercial hip hop style that would go on to rule the mainstream hip hop scene for quite some time.
Yeah man, that is what made me discover Nas. I love the song "New York State Of Mind" ahahhaha I listen to it every day, as well as One Mic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
1: Dr. Dre
2: Eminem
3: Game
4: Tupac
5: Notorious B.I.G.
6: Nas
7: Warren G.
8: Jay Z
9: Andree 3000
10: Will.I.Am

Not Listed: Sage Francis, Aesop Rock, Akon, Urban Dance Squad, Wyclef jean, and yes...Ludacris.
Sorry to say but that looks more like the list of members of D12 than the good rappers... You got Em and Jay-z right but thats all. If you made it in that way Eminem should be at the top of the list for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
We have like five billion of these floating around in here so I figure I'll have this one stickied and just lock the rest when I come across them, so yeah go!

1. Dr. Octagon
2. Madvillain
3. Deltron 3030
4. cLOUDDEAD
5. Subtle
6. DJ Spooky
7. MF Doom
8. Dose One
9. Busdriver
10. DANGERDOOM
Yeah, sad to say that you suggest these as top 10 rappers, yet they sound like techno, and no one has ever heard of them before except you.. Why dont you learn what rap is and go listen to that **** dawg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiSobi View Post
Do'h!

My Rap and Hip-Hop list:

Coolio
Public Enemy
Everlast
Rage against the Machine (Nu-Metal)
Tupac
Andre 3000

Only six because I'm not much into hip-hop/rap.
Yeah, rage against the machine is pretty dope. They arent anywhere near my top 10 list, after listenign to rap my whole life, but they are pretty tight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laces Out Dan! View Post
Method Man
GZA
Jay Z
Aesop Rock
Mos Def/Black Star
Raekwon
Inspectah Deck
Pete Rock
The Roots
Wu Tang (obvious, but didnt list right away because I've got a couple of Wu artists in my list.)
There you go, man thats a pretty good list. I F******** LOVE METH|||MAN
kylestyle97 is offline   Reply With Quote