Music Banter - View Single Post - Thoughts From the Booth (Film Journal)
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Wow this was bad. Wow. No redeeming qualities unless you like retarded action, no character development, and horrible dialogue and acting. It was like the script fell on the floor and nobody checked to see if the pages were in order. I expected cheese but not this much awful.

0/10

This one REALLY fell flat. Jason Bateman might as well not have even been in it because he phoned in his act. I like Mike Judge's humor but this was just flat and boring. The only redeeming quality was David Koechner's character.

4/10

Let me first say that the movie isn't very good. It certainly had nice qualities to it but it could have used a rewrite or two. What did surprise me though was that I didn't think Christian Slater had an impressive acting performance in him. I had to remind myself that I was acting watching Christian Slater. He did a GREAT job and this should be his crowning achievement unless he focuses this much on the rest of his career. I'd say it's worth a watch just to see something that I thought was impossible, a good performance by Christian Slater.

6.5/10

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote