Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 5 Albums from Each Year: 1965-2000
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #121 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cledussnow View Post
So then if one has different tastes then our own, they are automatically pretentious and poseurs?

I am a big fan of Led Zeppelin & Hendrix. I also agree with the fact that the Beatles later records were revolutionary. Having said that, however, there are other albums that were also VERY important and influential.

When dealing with only 5 albums from an entire year, clearly there are going to be deserving records left off. Just because your 5 and Streetwaves don't match is not an indication of a problem. Unless you just insist on making it one.

Trout Mask has influenced MANY MANY over the years. King Crimson's debut is THE original Prog masterpiece. Miles Davis In a Silent Way was another EPIC album that is arguably the first Jazz Fusion album ever (apologies to Mr Coryell). Have you guys even heard Gal Costa? She is phenominal. What a brilliant piece of psychedelia. I know it is sung in Spanish, so it probably sucks...

I was not familiar with Don Cherry, so I went to allmusic and read their review of his 1969 release. The first sentence is "Eternal Rhythm is a masterpiece on several levels."

I mean disagree sure. There is a good argument to be made for LZ or Hendrix or Abbey Road, But Streetwaves' 5 from 1969 is SOLID. Even if some disagree.
^^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote