Music Banter - View Single Post - Thoughts From the Booth (Film Journal)
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Here's my weekend of films minus a couple I don't feel like writing about because they were bad. (Altered, The Crow, Good Neighbours)

This was good. It was vastly superior to the first film in every way possible. I'm one of those people who loved Kill Bill Vol. 2 way more that Vol. 1 and this movie is the equivalent to Vol. 2. It had more character depth and dialogue rather than focusing on action scenes. It was a great closer to the first film while still leaving room for another movie which if done well could work.

8.5/10

It was alright. There was a lot of decisions the characters made that were so illogical which I hate that it prevented me liking this more. It's just lazy writing. It's so much easier to have two retarded characters than to have them make good decisions. It happens all the time though. There was also zero character development as the movie was only an hour and fifteen minutes long. I didn't care if they died or not. What I did like was the sound and camera work for such a low budget film. The ending was also unique. Overall it is a flawed film but short enough to put time into.

6.5/10

Loved it. LOVED IT. The voices and animation were top class and the story didn't feel old or redone. It was a fun ride and Johnny Depp should do more voice over work more often.

8/10

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote