Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do you like Country?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 03:35 PM   #300 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Just to clarify your point, so that I can understand it, you're saying because he hung around people who'd be considered "Rock", he is therefore "rock."

Similarly, are we calling Bruno Mars rap because he guested on a few tracks? If so, I can finally understand why Ice Cube thinks he's an actor.
Christ, I knew I should have left the Cash topic alone. Anyway, sure, I'll clarify but I really wish that you would have addressed at least some of my post that was on topic so that I can be assured that you'll actually take the necessary few seconds to understand me before responding.

So.. no, of course I'm not so short-sighted to think that Cash was Rock by association. I really do think that he, like Elvis, made Rock music. Examples: 'Get Rhythm' by Cash and 'Rip It Up' by Elvis. Both of these guys also hung around with Conway Twitty who was definitely Country. Got me?

Also your Bruno Mars/Ice Cube joke is not amusing at all and, before you ask, I mean absolutely nothing by that other than to say that you're not funny.