Music Banter - View Single Post - Thoughts From the Booth (Film Journal)
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

It's been forever since I did reviews so here's a **** load from the past week or so...

Excellent film. Paddy Considine was superb as the protagonist and the ending was heartfelt and satisfying. I expected an okay revenge flick but got a unique violent thriller with great acting.

8/10

The narrative was interesting but the story was boring as all hell. It should be re-named "Brit Badasses Talk and Say **** A lot".

6/10

I was surprised with this one. One of the blackest comedies I've seen which is to be expected since it's a comedy about suicide Jihadists. The laughs were good and in the end it got a bit serious but not enough to throw the movie off it's comedic course. I'd recommend seeing it for an entirely different kind of comedy.

7.5/10

Fantastic thriller. There were some obvious plot holes but for the most part it was fresh and exciting. The lead actor was great and the filming was crisp and enticing. It's on netflix instant so check it out.

8.5/10

The first half was boring. The second half was awesome. Poor Danny Aiello. Spike Lee made a very good film after he was done stereotyping minorities. The end was true to the nature of human beings when they feel something wrong happened. Animals.

7.5/10

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote