Music Banter - View Single Post - American Presidency Campaign
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #335 (permalink)
cledussnow
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
How? Would it be wrong to say that many Republicans wish to abolish welfare? Would it be wrong to say that many Chinese people are, on average, shorter than Caucasian people? Would it be wrong to say that many women like the color pink more than many men do? Cause if it's actually true, then it is possible to make blanket statements regarding "many of" a group.

I'm sure there are many Repubs who would love to abolish welfare. I think the whole welfare issue is a bit too complicated to simply "abolish welfare".

Excuse it all you want. It is still stereotyping and "lumping" all of a group into what you percieve to be the majority of the group. It isn't good practice, and does not help any argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
And I hate college/high school kids who latch onto easily digestible, simplistic politics.
So my disdain for my government's inability to secure our borders as they simultaneously restrict rights of law abiding citizens is too "easily digestible and simplistic" to be valid?

Sorry I can't be as convoluted as you appear to be.

Sorry I just can't lump people of whichever group I choose together into broad stereotypical statements.

Sorry I can't blindly defend any person/party/idea.

I actually THINK for myself about each INDIVIDUAL issue regardless of what OBama or Romney or Paul might think about said issue.

I DECIDE for MYSELF.

Last edited by cledussnow; 06-05-2012 at 05:26 PM.
cledussnow is offline   Reply With Quote