Music Banter - View Single Post - The Country, Folk & World Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #155 (permalink)
Eyrothath
Groupie

Soooo much Celtic music out there I don't even know where to begin! In a way, Celtic music is the folk music of Europe and therefore, any folk music in Europe can essentially be considered Celtic music..

Note that; Some of these bands I am posting are folk/Celtic metal bands, but some, their songs though are very Celtic influenced.. And although Celtic metal is my favorite, this would not be the proper thread for it.. I am generally more fond of Celtic music when it has vocals, vocals and lyrics though is a new tradition to it but how it started out is singing in pubs when they were very drunk, they would need something very easy and mellow to sing which is why so many of the songs are like sing-a-longs in a way, this is why it includes drunken singing..

I agree, I hate the meditation crap, unless I am going to actually MEDITATE, which is very rarely, I don't like anything too damn slow, I am very instrumental, I wanna hear more than one instrument, acoustics and all kinds of wind instruments, drums even.. Sadly, the best Celtic music of today is found in metal bands, sad uh? I know..

I have posted celtic songs with vocals but that do not include drunken singing (Although Alestorm and Korpiklaani are pretty epic).. Posted some good instrumentals as well..

Some of my favorites;

Last edited by Eyrothath; 06-06-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Eyrothath is offline   Reply With Quote