Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 02:40 AM   #1946 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

Nujabes - Metaphorical Music

Chrysalis was kind enough to send me this album, and it is one that I have somehow overlooked, or at least not given a fair listen (I don't remember listening to it, but it's possible as I did recognise a few tracks). Anyway, here goes...

Firstly, I would like to comment on the production/sound of this album overall. It is so damn good. Absolutely perfect for this type of moody/chiller/laid back Hip Hop record. From start to finish, there isn't a beat on here that isn't well put together and at least nice to listen to, even if a little boring on it's own.

The opening track is so perfect, introducing the sound of the album right away. This leads into the first instrumental track on the album, which contains a Miles Davis sample, which is perfectly placed. Then, the highlight of the album and I assume their most popular song, Lady In Brown. That song is so good. The acoustic guitars, the rhythm, the production, the lyrics. All excellent. I wish a few more tracks had been like that.

Now, I am not great with remembering which tracks are which, but the album certainly takes a little drop off, not immediately, or to any great extent, but a few of the instrumentals just ended up sounding nice, then going nowhere. Nothing on this album is bad by any means, but I could have done without a few of the instrumentals, or at least shortened them (not sure how long the album is, but it feels around the 45/50 minute mark).

Overall the album is fantastic, and one I will be returning to quite regularly, but I will probably end up narrowing the track selection down in time, which I think will enhance my personal enjoyment.

I would give it a 4/5, but some days I feel less strongly about it.

Thanks again to Chrysalis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote