Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #3077 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowtear View Post
Right I'm looking for something with the same kind of musical themes as Nine Inch Nails and Tool, but at the same time is origional enough to not sound regognisable with any other band, or at least not the mainstream ones. I like the kind of music that has some kind of undermining dark message, with if possible a mixture between guitar/instrumental music and electronic sounds, but not necessary industrial music.
You'd probably like the band OSI, they have a kind of alternative/ progressive metal with electronic overtones thing going on. Their latest album, Fire Make Thunder (2012) is a pretty good place to start.

If you like that you'll also definitely want to check out Porcupine Tree's latter material. Their early stuff is far more ambient progressive rock, but after hanging out the metal kids Steven Wilson started making slightly heavier and more engaging music. Their 2002 album, In Absentia is probably the best place to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinnx View Post
Need Riverside album recs please, you fanatic metallers. Thank you.
It's kind of a toss up between Rapid Eye Movement (2007) (my favourite), Second Life Syndrome (2005), and Out of Myself. Honestly they're all really good so I'd say just start with Out of Myself (2003) and work your way forwards.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote