Music Banter - View Single Post - Win Janszoon Over to the Beatles
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #173 (permalink)
Key

^Pretty spot on review I must say. I never really saw The White Album as one of the better ones, i'm more like you are, where it's just a lot of filler and a great album to listen to each track on it's own at it's own pace. If they had put their full potential into the album and made some of the well known tracks better and made the songs that could have been great, even better, it would have definitely been up there in the top 3 Beatles albums, at least for me. Sgt Pepper, even after I have listened to their collection on multiple occasions, still remains to be my favorite Beatles album. To put it shortly and simply, it's the one album by The Beatles that I can really follow the story and listen to it without wondering "hey, where's the greatness in that song?", even though there are a few even in that album that seem like fillers if you hear them the first time. Nicely written review though, you pointed out a lot of what I would expect from someone who is taking the chance to get into The Beatles. I also agree with you on a lot of aspects for the most part, so that's good too.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote