Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Pink Floyd Albums
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 05:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Gonna have to disagree. The Wall is a fantastic concept album which I find more and more interesting each time I listen to it. I've seen a lot of people here mention The Wall as one of the worse Pink Floyd albums, which I never could really understand.

However, Forward to Death puts Animals below The Wall, which is a bit ludicrous.
I think the only think "ludicrous" is your dismissal that The Wall could be better than Animals. Animals isn't produced as well, and doesn't flow the same way for two discs like The Wall does. That said, on any given day I could say Animals is the best Pink Floyd album, because it's very difficult to choose between any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooneh View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love those both. But It's something I couldn't connect with, Piper and Ummagumma were the first albums I listened by them and it was nothing I had ever heard before. I'm not the biggest fan of Progressive Rock, but the three songs on the Wall I freakin' love. I don't know why but I just couldn't fall in love with DSOTM. Time & Money, two great songs. But that's it, maybe Breathe but... I can't say I love the other songs. And, not every Floyd fan has The Wall and DSOTM as their top 2.
No, I know DSOTM and The Wall aren't set in stone as one and two. I just think they're the two most complete albums. Piper is definitely a good choice for #1, so is almost everything else that has Waters on it.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote