Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles - Abbey Road (1969)
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #80 (permalink)
Flyingpig437
Music Addict

funny this thread has come back up. I've had a bit of a flame with someone on a Beatle website about this album. Here's a flavour.
"You come on a Beatles fan forum* accuse John of blatantly cheating on 4 songs on one album (without proving it) and you tell me to deal with it, whats your next trick ? tell me my Mother was a whore and ask me to deal with that haha"

"Ok mate heres the deal, the Beatles are my gods, my heroes, they were Beethovens of the 60's....you can tell me all day long that you dont like them or their music and I will accept that as music is subjective, you can tell me that the Beatles are sh*t, I will accept that that is your opinion, but if you come on here (a great Beatles forum) and tell me that John plagiarised 4 songs on Abbey Road you'd better be able to f***ing well prove it, and thats just it, you cant, you have offered no proof whatsoever, just your opinion, the melodies of Sun King and Albatross (both of which I have loved since 1969) are completely different...completely."

"you have come on a Beatle fan forum and said that 4 of Johns songs on imo THE greatest album ever made (in not just my opinion but endless pro's opinions) are sh*tty rip offs , and yet you cant show me the parts of the melody that John stole"

*I've been on it for a year btw.