Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 11:52 PM   #628 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
To me it doesn't matter if you believe Jesus was real or ficitonal, he's someone to attempt to follow. If everyone tried, there would be far less pricks. I'm on board for that.

And for people who use religeon as another stepping stone to prove their social superiority to others, well there not really religeous, they just tack another think onto their social resume like their applying for college, they aren't representitive of any religeon and they aren't decent people.
Thats the kind of thinking that puts me off religion. The first part completely contradicts the second. You say if everyone followed a Jesus there would be less pricks. Okay I get that. But now you go onto talk about social superiority, which is hypocritical, because by calling non-believers pricks you are attempting to say you are socially superior.

You are, therefore, not a decent person. Are you?

Anyways I could say the same about religion, but I won't, because I already have

The thing is, it is my belief as a non-believer, that we the only ones that we should follow. We can only blame ourselves (or nature... ****ing Katrina), and we can only thank ourselves for what happens. I find it annoying, like many catholics also, to have other forms of belief always jumping down my throat to preach their way.