Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 06:12 PM   #663 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkaba
If I wanted a fight I would have sunk a little lower and sworn at you

A debate at the most maybe. No but seriously, you state there would be less dickheads if we all followed. Correct?

Next, you state you dislike those who use religion to act superior to others in society. Correct?

What I gather from that is irony. You're religous aren't you? So as a follower you are saying, from what you have experienced, that there would be less pricks if they followed what you follow. But in saying that are you not acting socially superior yourself? Which is what you hate.

Please tell me why I am wrong, or which part I have misinterpreted.
I should go back and read what I wrote, but I don't do it for class, im not doing it here, and im super ****ing lazy.

I didn't say if everyone follow christianity, I said if people follow the general chirstian path (and by christian, I mean how jesus lived).

Let me state that I hate the WWJD bracelets, if you need a braclet to remind you how to act, go live in the woods. But if you follow the general positions

No fighting (physically)
Treat others as you wish to be treated.
Don't steal, don't sleep with other peoples wives.

I think those are pretty easy to follow. The only time people risk breaking the rules is when emotion overthrows logic and they are opperating on Id impulse rather than superego.

Also, to appear socially superior, I didn't mean that people demanded people follow the rules (thought it could be seen that way, but I don't agree necesserily) I sort of meant, those who use it as part of a group of reasons their better than you. The waspy (though that still applied to the catholics, but here in america, catholics are considered for the most part stupid low class people) folk who sit up front and count who goes to church and how many times.

They force their kids to complete the sacraments, and all to keep on the up and up. They say "some people go to church just in case" and those people are there for the social propellment.

If that wasn't what I wrote then I was clearly all hopped up on Nyquil, and meant to say this.

Enjoy