Music Banter - View Single Post - God is in your mind?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 01:02 AM   #507 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
It really is mind boggling. How could something have no end or beginning? It doesn't seem possible. Say we were able to make an aircraft that could fly on a straight line all the way through space for an infinite amount of time, and we were able to track this craft as long possible, would it ever reach an end (Except for being destroyed)? Or would it just continue to sail through for an infinite amount of time? Thats probably what would happen.

But it seems to me that the universe had to come from somewhere, it had to have a beginning.

On a side note, oojay, what are your thoughts on life after death?
Again, I don't know how something can just "BE" without a beginning, nor an end. No one knows. The way the physicists postulate it is that our galaxy is in a finite space-time-continuum. All the matter that we have to work with is confided within our "space-time". It's like a fabric. It holds everything together. If a craft were to venture out as you have posited (we'll humor ourselves as to the details), space-time would eventually make it disappear into oblivion (in relation to everyone else, remember, everything is relative). The further out from the origin of the universe that one goes, the less the density. Gravity accumulates the majority of the mass of the universe towards the center, therefore the rest of the universe has a very low density. With a less dense fabric of space-time, we would either eventually cease to exist once we run out of space-time to fly in (as there is no place for us to exist once we get outside of the space-time-continuum) OR we shimmy our way into the fabric of a DIFFERENT space-time-continuum, if you are a believer in the multiverse theory. I like to think of the universe as a cousin to the Mobius Strip, with no start and no finish. We just get dropped somewhere on it and do our best to toe the line for the rest of civilization, forever and ever. There's really no way to know. Like the Big Bang. It caused our universe to form, but what caused the Big Bang? And what cause the thing which caused that? Ad infinitum. It just keeps going. Who knows.

As for the afterlife? I like to think that our souls are born from the matter of the universe (or maybe even somewhere higher?), and we strive to gain consciousness through acquisition of knowledge and the doing of good deeds. We do so by choosing an incarnation (body with which to get born into) in order to help us achieve these goals. We go through several life and death cycles of these incarnations. In each journey, we learn lessons that raise our consciousness (awareness). Our goal is to achieve GOD CONSCIOUSNESS, being aware of everything in the universe, and being one with everything .
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote