Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst/most comical/most embarrassing metal band
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 02:46 AM   #43 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLPOCALYPSE View Post
I definitely do not like nu metal, but Slipknot doesn't deserve to be in this thread (neither does Lamb of God or Fear Factory). Jumping to these bands indicates to me there wasn't a lot of thought put into it.

I would nominate Dragonforce, Powerglove, Horse the Band, Enter Shikari, Attack Attack, Asking Alexandria, Emmure, Chelsea Grin, Atreyu, hed(PE), Six Feet Under, Battlecross, Cradle of Filth, Limp Bizkit, Black Veil Brides, Nightwish, Kamelot, the list goes on...(and all of these bands are easily much worse than the aforementioned three)
Why? Because you personally dislike those bands more than Slipknot?

I gave my opinion and reasons for it and really that is all you need.

Also, I have to disagree with the "additional" members of the band and their contributions to the music. I think Slipknot could trim down by two or three members and lose very little bar bloated, threatrical elements to a stage show. And for me personally, I'd probably like them a lot more if they did that and cut the theatrics and the costumes out completely. I'd be able to take them more seriously.

But hey, thats just me. Each to their own.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote