Music Banter - View Single Post - A New Turkish Song Everyday
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
simpleman
Groupie

Thank you I'm glad to hear that you like
You can always tell me what style you want to hear, old or new, and also you can ask any questions about the songs, culture, instruments etc.

I haven't been able to post for some time because of some business trips. Today I'll post three songs

First one is a video from a movie called 'Crossing the Bridge'. In this scene, Brenna MacCrimmon, a Canadian folk singer, is singing a Turkish song with 'Baba Zula', a Turkish alternative band that produces some folk, alternative and kinda psychadelic music using modern and old instruments, and also some ancient Turkish accessories This song is a different version of a Turkish sad folk song.
Here you go

The second song is in English, performed by Sertab Erener, a former Turkish Eurovision contestant. It's a pop song, and it was one of her candidate songs for Eurovision. You can see some Turkish ancient cultural elements in the video of the song.
Enjoy

And the last one, one of my favorites. This is from a concert of Sebnem Ferah, she's a rock artist, and this song does not sound like her usual style, very different and interesting. There's also an orchestra playing at the concert. Name of the song is Sil Bastan', means something like 'Start over'. She has a nice voice Enjoy

I hope you like them
Cheers
simpleman is offline   Reply With Quote