Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst/most comical/most embarrassing metal band
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #90 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLPOCALYPSE View Post
Even bands in the same genre can sound very different, and Slipknot and Sepultura are not in the same genre. It would be difficult to describe anything by Slipknot as groove metal (and especially thrash!). If you would have said they are trying too hard to be Soulfly it would have made a little more sense, even if incorrect. Throwing Sepultura in there is what got me really confused. If Corey sounds like Max than I guess every metal harsh vocalist sounds the same.
Uhh, no, I don't think very many people in music sound identical to each other, Corey is a dead ringer for Max.

Slipknot also has stylistic similarities to Sepultura, especially on their last three Cavalera albums. They are usually considered to be one of those extreme nu metal bands. You make it sound like they have no extreme metal influence. Open your ears man.

You keep missing these points and generally keep trying to show my argument as something it isn't.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote