Music Banter - View Single Post - Hip-Hop Knock out Cup
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #101 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankycaaant View Post
Q-Tip: As revered an MC is he is a producer, Q-Tip was responsible for the formation, production and the majority of the MC'ing on the critically acclaimed first three albums of A Tribe Called Quest's discography as well as playing major parts in their latter two releases.
He has also released three solo albums and is widely considered one of the pioneers of alternative hip-hop; a master pioneer and lyricist.

Big Daddy Kane: Highly regarded amongst those in hip-hop as one of the greatest of all time, BDK influenced many artists with his gimmicky persona during the late 80's, early 90's.
BDK started his career in the group Juice Crew before earning notoriety as a battle rapper.
His first two albums are largely considered classics, but BDK has managed to stay relevant up to the present day with many a collaboration with other artists.

I just listened to BDK this weekend, I love the guy but i'd have to give my nod to Q-tip. His smooth flow along with those bad ass jazz loops can't be touched by BDK. I love that Tribe sampled a Bill Cosby song who I always thought could have been a great jazz musician.

Strange thing is I always preferred Phife when it came to Tribe. 8 million stories is my jam man.

My vote is Q-tip.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote