Music Banter - View Single Post - Can't we all freely listen to what we want to?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
MyName
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
SOOoooooo glad I'm not in high school anymore.

This situation cuts both ways. Consider how you described the metal guys - "im so hard cause I listen to black/death metal" pussies with long girly hair

You whole post reads like a passive aggressive bully's recollection of a antagonizing confrontation and being confused about the results of their method to solve the problem by throwing fuel on the fire. It's like when Fred Durst whined about being sensitive and misunderstood while continuing to front hard and act like a dick.

I used to get people calling me f@ggot to my face on a regular basis for wearing RHCP shirts back in the day. The most effective comebacks - 'So..., meh, or whatever'. What can they say to that? When you've proved you give absolutely no sh!ts about their opinion with your reply you effectively remove any opportunity for them to create a confrontation.

Also... someone calling you out on listening to cheesy rap metal is a threat to your freedom? Who's the insecure one here?
Yes, I think they are pussies, and kind of proved it too. But I STILL have a certain amount of politeness and tolerance and I don't go telling them that in their face. Its like with ugly and fat people - you know they're fat and ugly but a normal polite person won't say it to their face.

You could have seen from my answers that I was just having fun and mocking him until he tried to physically attack me, I didn't really take him for serious and that is probably what pissed him off additionally.

Durst was bullied in childhood and then hated since the start of LB just because of the genre of music they made, then people hated him even more cause of Woodstock(which was not LB's or Durst's fault in anyway), its just amazing the amount of bad luck he has. Ofc he is gonna act as a huge ass troll and do whatever the **** he wants and piss off people now that he has money and fame. TBH if I was a frontman in LB and had as much fans as LB had I would act differently, but since none of us know what Durst has really been through I don't think its fair to judge him.

Just by saying Limp Bizkit sucks etc is a (minor)threat to my freedom and his feeble try to present himself as an alpha male and make me look like a pussy or something so yeah, it is a threat to my freedom but a minor one of course and I didn't really care that much about what he says I was just playfully mocking him(and even that way I was winning the argument).

Its odd though, I casually chatting with friend and other guy trying to insult me, picking a fight and trying to present himself as stronger one and you say I am the insecure one?

And you are insulting me by saying my band is cheesy while complaining about you yourself being insulted for listening to RHCP? Really?