Music Banter - View Single Post - A New Turkish Song Everyday
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #20 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Hi, simpleman !
Maybe you don`t get many comments in this thread, but so far you have received 390 "views", so plenty of people are checking out the songs you`re posting. I haven`t listened to them all, but I thought you might like to hear someone`s opinion about a few of the artists you have chosen :-

post 21: Kirpi : I would`ve liked it more without the electronic beats.

post 15: Tarkan : Thanks to MTV, this song became quite popular in Mexico:

It`s clever the way the hook in this song is the international sound, so that anyone in the world can join in for those few seconds at least.

post 20: Crossing The Bridge : I guess this is rather diluted Turkish music, but I enjoyed it anyway.

post 17: Selim Sesler : A great track ; I have a cd of Romanian Gypsy music, but this guy is much better.

post 22: Kalbe Ben : This sounded special to me, but maybe that was because of the video.

post 13: Play For Nature : This one is easily my favourite so far. I love the way it celebrates ordinary Turkish people, shows us some everday glimpses of Turkey and has a gentle start. But then, at about 2:20, it starts to change and just gets stronger and stronger until the end. Wonderful !

Thanks again for posting some very interesting music !