Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
Cool stuff!

Re: The Deep Purple album - One of the saddest things about the release of their third album was that their first US company was slowly going out of business even with a couple of Top 40 hits by Purple ("Hush" being the king) and a couple of albums by co-owner Bill Cosby. After two Top 100 albums in the US, their third would only inch up to 162, possibly due to the lack of funds for promoting it. Although you could say that it was at least better than what did in the UK (All of their first three missed), but you could feel the disappointment. Thankfully, most of that album went on Purple Passages.
Purple Passages is a very good compilation album and a double as well. I know it was released for the US market only.

I think around the time of their third album. Deep Purple were moving in a more obvious hard rock direction either out of choice, or in order to sell far more albums. They must have felt under quite a bit of pressure after not achieving the expected breakthrough after three albums.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote