Music Banter - View Single Post - Win Janszoon Over to the Beatles
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #201 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
lol wut. That's not "just how they played guitar in the 60s". There are boatloads of examples of better guitar playing from the 60s, including many from George Harrison himself.
But there is also a boatload of examples of guitar players that try for (as Surrell mentioned) that "raw sound." I really don't think they were attempting to go for a clean sound & a clean playing style that's like e.g. And You Bird Can Sing.

It's hard to tell why you think it ****ty whether it is because you don't like the over-all sound of the guitar or you don't the playing style. Do you think he should had be strumming the chords faster or playing a solo à la Clapton instead of what he did on the song?

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote