Music Banter - View Single Post - Can't we all freely listen to what we want to?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #48 (permalink)
Musicfanatic
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLPOCALYPSE View Post
I think the reason people are having difficulty taking you seriously is because you pat yourself on the back far too much (and if the kids were as weak as you say they were it makes you the irresponsible one). I have never been an area where there was a war between nu metal fans and extreme metal fans, so I can't share your perspective. However, I do know that individual fans cannot be representative of an entire fan base. You encountered the worst kind of metal fans -- the ones that listen to metal in an attempt to be different and to face issues that they are too mentally weak to fix in a healthy way. They treat metal like a cult, where they can share their suffering because the world won't accept them. It's pathetic. For those of us that enjoy the artistic value and the drive that metal offers, it saddens me to see this common image (in the same way that I hate obnoxious atheists that give us other atheists a bad rep). I will let you listen to as much nu metal as you want. I'm sure you are a good guy, but please don't let one experience close the gateway to a genre that has much more to offer than Durst.
I'm confused here. Why did you chose to quote me instead of the person you were replying to? You certainly weren't replying to my quote, were you? I am not the same guy as the one you are replying to, you know?