Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Also Check This Out........
This is an extra album from the same year that I've chosen, that either just missed the final cut, I think could be of interest, or even from a different genre that could be of interest or influence on the hard rock/heavy metal genre.

King Crimson In the Court of the Crimson King 1969 (Island)
Progressive Rock

This album of course, comes under the category of interest and influence, as its one of the most innovative and influential albums ever recorded. It of course, gains all its plaudits and fame from being one of the most pivotal albums in the history of progressive rock. But at times this album was just freaking heavy and powerful for its time, despite the fact that it was mostly folky in feel. But it can be enjoyed by anybody into music at the heavier end of the spectrum as well. In fact many years ago, I saw a review of this album where somebody had described King Crimson as "heavy mental" an obvious pun on heavy metal, surely in reference to the amazing "21st Century Schizoid Man" Here is an album where the listener can enjoy both faces of the early King Crimson sound, which go from dark and overpowering pretensions to gentle musical passages that demonstrate great beauty. Probably around 99% of current prog-metal bands got their musical grounding with this album. I know a lot of people wouldn't consider putting this album up on this thread but I can see the necessity. As for how good this album is, well it would easily challenge Led Zeppelin for the top two spots.

If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 01-01-2014 at 05:03 AM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote