Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Also Check This Out........
This is an extra album from the same year that I've chosen, that either just missed the final cut, I think could be of interest, or even from a different genre that could be of interest or influence on the hard rock/heavy metal genre.

King Crimson In the Court of the Crimson King 1969

This album of course, comes under the category of interest and influence, as its one of the most innovative and influential albums ever recorded. It of course, gains all its plaudits and fame from being one of the most pivotal albums in the history of progressive rock. But at times this album was just freaking heavy and powerful for its time and its often heavily enjoyed by anybody into music at the heavier end of the spectrum as well. In fact many years ago, I saw a review of this album where somebody had described King Crimson as "heavy mental" an obvious pun on heavy metal. Here is an album, where the listener can enjoy both faces of the early King Crimson sound, which go from dark and overpowering pretensions to gentle musical passages that demonstrate great beauty. Probably around 99% of current prog-metal bands got their musical grounding with this album. I know a lot of people wouldn't consider putting this album up on this thread but I can see the necessity. As for how good this album is, well it would easily challenge Led Zeppelin for the top two spots.
well, that's strange

have you actually heard it back to back?

only 21st Century Schizoid Man is actually any "heavy"

most of it is whimsical folksy stuff

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote