Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Pink Floyd Albums
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #56 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noise Wall View Post
The greatest Pink floyd album is King Crimson's in the Court of the Crimson King, with Piper closely following.
Somebody has just had a momentary lapse of reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooneh View Post
Sorry for the late reply but I can call myself a Pink Floyd fan because I like their music, just because I don't like two of their albums means I can't be a Floyd fan? Look at Frank Zappa, look at all the albums he realized. If you were to hate just one of them, you wouldn't be a Zappa fan? If that's the case. Very little people would be fans. Besides, The Division Bell sucked. No Roger Waters? Get out of here. Gilmour is great but honestly no Roger Waters is basically no Pink Floyd, I know that's they said about Barrett but they managed to pull it off. In this case, they didn't pull it off.

I'm not usually a massive music critique but when it comes to my favourite bands I have a certain expectation when it comes to their music. Earlier stuff is absolutely gorgeous. But continuing on from there they got a bit topsy turvy. You could say I'm more of a Syd Barrett fan because I prefer his solo albums to many Pink Floyd albums, but I do love Animals and Wish You Were Here.

Goodbye Blue Sky is also my favourite song from The Wall after listening to it again.

I dislike A Momentary Lapse Of Reason as well because Roger Waters cocky attitude got the better of him. But to have no Waters all.... Just.. No.
Personally I think when Roger Waters became too dominant in the band, they suffered which is why I think their later more dominant Roger Waters albums are quite boring at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gucci Little Piggy View Post
Greatest joke I've heard in a long time.
Rolling Stone normally spends its time running down albums, only to change their minds about those same albums ten years later and put them into one of their greatest albums list. How can anybody really take the critique of that mag seriously.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote