Music Banter - View Single Post - Can't we all freely listen to what we want to?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 05:17 AM   #149 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Rrrrrriiighhhhttt.... oohhh kaaayyy maybe your humour is lost on me; I thought it was a genuine question. Still don't really see the point of it. But I mus tpick up on another of your points: Simpsons rude? Not at all, at least, not in the way I mean. I'm talking about dropping the "f" and "c" bomb every five seconds, jokes about genitals, racist and homophobic or misogynistic "jokes", jokes at the expense of minorities and so on. You sure you're not thinking about South Park?

If though you mean rude in the sense of Mister Burns, then yes he IS rude, but that's part of his character. He's so rich (and old) that he thinks everyone else is there for his personal convenience, and doesn't even see his rants as being rude. I recall an episode where he was going to fire Homer after Bart had been run down by him, and Smithers said "Is that wise Sir? Think about the headlines!" Cue Burns thinking about headlines that say "Burns fires ungrateful employee!" then "Another smart move by Burns!" and finally, as he's carried on the shoulders of a crowd, "Hooray for Burns!"

Love that guy!

Anyway, feel free to rag on me, I can take the slings and arrows. But leave poor, defenceless Blinky out of it...