Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan
Thread: Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #538 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Us three are the only posters in this thread
Yeah, you guys are talking up a storm all on your own !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chives View Post
Geez! So many! But I suppose that's what you end up with when you deal with an artist as prolific as Dylan. I think I have...11 Dylan albums, just on vinyl. Self-titled through John Wesley as part of the Original Mono Recordings box set (used to own on CD), then I have Nashville Skyline, New Morning, and Desire. I'd prefer to get a copy of Blood on the Tracks next, but I suppose that'd it'd be worth having Self-Portrait in the long run. I'll check the condition of the 10 dollar copy next time I'm there and see what's up.
You`re doing remarkably well with your collection, chives ! I have( or had) 13 vinyl albums and 6 cds, but I had the luxury of buying them over the years, as they were released. I still remember the dilemma of buying Oh Mercy
, which broke my run of vinyls with a cd.

The problem with Self Portrait, imo, is that the style of the songs is all over the place:I never liked listening to it consecutively, but would jump around, one track here, one track there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
New Morning and Blood on the Tracks are big missing pieces of my vinyl collection. Two of my favorite albums. I think New Morning is highly overrated. "Sign on the Window" is one my favorite all time Dylan songs.
I`m guessing that you meant under-rated here, Blasting. Yes, Sign On The Window is a wonderful track. I love the resigned way Bob delivers the line " Sign on a window says three`s a crowd"