Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica - Death Magnetic
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #34 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzzly View Post
Edit: Really this topic has been discussed to hell and back. Most people agree that Metallica is an overall mediocre band; a few solid releases and a few really bad ones afterwards. Nothing else to really discuss.
Dude, their first four were classics. You can't call a band that was that good mediocre overall. Certainly they have been mediocre ever since, but they were most definitely not mediocre in their heyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N' Roll Clown View Post
Can you tell me which is that bad about The Black album?! That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. I hate it when people hate something due to their preconceptions. Metallica were sellouts, they changed their style, and such bull****. Of course they'll change, and they won't be like Slayer and Iron Maiden who are ''loyal to their fans'' and play the exact same thing for more than 30 years. Stop being limited and stop bitching about it. Of course AJFA and Master are their best, but that doesn't mean that the others are such crap at all. That man said it best:
It's a dumbed down version of And Justice for All that loses the impact of that album with boring, half-assed riff rock for dumb teenagers who'd be just as happy listening to Korn or Limp Bizkit or Slipknot or Avenged Sevenfold. Not to mention, "Enter Sandman", which is just a metal version of Foreigner. They were obviously running out of ideas when they released And Justice for All. You can hear that they didn't really know what to do besides just making Master of Puppets more progressive, so while AFJA had some amazing songs, they were starting to run on fumes. The only thing they could think to do after that was just dumb their music down and sell it to morons.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote