Music Banter - View Single Post - What band first got you into Metal?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
Kiss back in the seventies: music + super heroes look. When you are 12/13 years you can't resist to such a magical combination
Same with me. When I was a little kid, I remember hearing/seeing Kiss. They half-scared, half-intrigued me with their personas. I can't say they really got me into their metal rock music, though, because my favorite song of theirs was "Beth."

The band that lured me into heavier sounding rock music was Def Leppard in the '80s when they were mainstream on the radio. I am still fond of Def Leppard songs like "Love bites," "Photograph," and "Hysteria" because they combine sweet and heavy so well.

Only after I joined MusicBanter did I hear Slayer and what I think of as *real* heavy metal bands like Meshuggah, Morbid Angel, or Behemoth where it sounds as if the singers are vomiting out their guts...such as in my favorite metal song, "Day of Suffering" (Morbid Angel cover) by Behemoth. These bands turned me on to the harsher sound of metal music that seems to bridge the gap between reality and a very, very bad dream. I'd never heard fury or anguish transformed so well into music before, and I liked.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote