Music Banter - View Single Post - What band first got you into Metal?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #34 (permalink)
Musicfanatic
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
Slayer. Found a copy of "Divine Intervention" in a cut out bin for .99. Went home, listened to it on my walkman (as I thought my parents would freak if they heard it). Blew me away, needed more.
Kerry King said that that would probably be the one album that if he'd had to do it over again he would. His least favorite album was my favorite by them: Diablus in Musica.

All kiddin' aside, still enjoy Garth Brooks, but what got me into metal was of course Metallica. Don't know if they were my favorites during high school when I started my true music love, but they are now my favorite band. After that I went towards Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Slayer, Pantera, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, which I only own Hellbilly Deluxe.

I got into Motorhead rather late, back in 2006, which was about 10 years after I started to listen religiously. But they have come very close to kicking AC/DC off number two pedistal and onto number four. I'm still on the fence about doing that, which shows you just how into my metal I am.

I have yet to have delve anymore deeper than Slayer and Venom, I'm afraid. I did listen to the original Bathory on Youtube, but I wouldn't mind trying them out one day...
Musicfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote