Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 10:23 PM   #7157 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlucky View Post
Thanks VEGANGELICA. I am listening to this track right now. Thats Sajni. The video posted by you is an old track, but still a lovely one. Once again thanks for coming to my rescue.
You're welcome, Outlucky. I'm glad it worked. (Unfortunately, I don't know how to help you with your request about the Twilight movie songs. Maybe someone else will know the answer to your question.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidahl View Post
@For_Tomorrow: Across the Universe is so cool. Have you seen it? I downloaded the soundtrack before I watched the movie. I mourned when I saw the film. I thought it would suck b/c my friend said it was corny/artsy-fartsy.

Pretty relevant voices, as far as currently likable covers. "Blackbird" is gorgeous. It's redone for the film and beautiful both ways, old and covered, and one version is in-tune! Yikes. The Beatles rule all though.
I keep seeing the "Across the Universe" movie video at our public library and have been thinking I should check it out one of these days. I'm curious to see how the Beatles' songs are woven into a plot. I have also been tempted because I love the title song, "Across the Universe," by the Beatles.

However, I've also thought the movie probably would suck (I worried it would trivialize the songs) and so I have skipped over it...

Until now. Thanks to you, maidahl, I will check out the video the next time I'm at one of my favorite creations of civilization (the library). I listened to a few excerpts from the movie tonight, such as the two below, and they definitely make me want to see the whole thing. So thank you, maidahl, for your post about it:

I Want To Hold Your Hand - from "Across the Universe"
Listening to now, and I like it much better than the Beatles' original, especially with the same-sex attraction component. Much more emotional and sweet than the original song.

Across the Universe - I Wanna Hold Your Hand - T.V. Carpio - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Well, you're rather pretentious, aren't you?

Please have a thoroughly miserable stay here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
This is only true if the person you are directing your judgement at is not infact pretentious.

The way you have presented yourself in your few posts so far make you seem incredibly pretentious.

That is all. I'm bored with you now.
Ouch.

Because - from "Across the Universe"
I love this song and movie scene because it encourages us to listen to the music in other people and hear their most beautiful notes.

Because - Across the Universe - YouTube
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote