Music Banter - View Single Post - Lil Reese beats up girl.
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #164 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Just because some religions have moral guidelines it doesn't necessarily mean when your are speaking on the subject of morality it is a "public displays of religiosity." Yes when a person speak about morality you can assume what he says comes from a religious perspective but you can also assume it come from universal sentiments too.

I think you're right that the post-Protestant moralist congratulates themselves for having a like-mindedness, but so do sports fans, and music fans, and political party affiliates etc etc.
He doesn't even have a valid point. People adopt each other's ways of thinking, simply because of evolution and group social dynamics. If the group adopts similar ways of thinking, then they become more tight knit, which has a positive effect on cooperation, which aids survival. I'll bet Tore could put it much better than I could, though.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote