Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wild & Wacky World Of The Middle East
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #74 (permalink)
Hitch
Music Addict

The video is kind of conflicting in the sense that almost all media outlets I've read stated that in the lead up to the Israeli airstrikes, there had been at least 500 rockets fired by Hamas to begin with. This doesn't justify the killing of civilians and I'm glad that another occupation of the Gaza strip has been averted for the time being.

I don't know why I say this but I can never take Hamas seriously. It may be because as mentioned before in this thread, one of their official doctrines for a very long time had been the protocols of the elders of zion. I view antisemitism as a disease and whilst there are varying degrees of which it exists, the real and extreme ones almost always invariably turns out to be some sort of a "I want to get rid of a group of human beings". Traditionally, the conflicts have always been viewed as "Israel vs the Arabs". For this reason, even with the establishment of an independent Palestinian state, I don't think Israel will ever have peace and security of any lasting impact. Israel is of course part of the problem and not simply at the receiving end.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote