Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wild & Wacky World Of The Middle East
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 03:25 AM   #77 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
If you can pick one side which is absolutely in the right on this issue, then you don't understand it.

And that video above is one of the most biased videos I have ever seen.
It's no different to any other video, the underdog often gets the sympathy vote in these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Traditionally, the conflicts have always been viewed as "Israel vs the Arabs". For this reason, even with the establishment of an independent Palestinian state, I don't think Israel will ever have peace and security of any lasting impact. Israel is of course part of the problem and not simply at the receiving end.
What's the solution? Dismantling the state of Isreal and allowing their people to emigrate to countries where they have family (but not all have family abroad) that would of course bring stability to the area but of course is almost impossible to do. Their only option is to continue securing their own state from agressive neighbours which they've been doing for decades now and as they say, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
It is very biased if you consider:
1. The title "pillar of HYPOCRISY" right off the bat.
2. The interviewer is biased.
3. Two of the three interviewees are pro Palestine.
The interviewer is following instructions (from the TV channel) and allowing the underdog (the Palestinians) in this case to give a stronger opinion than that of the Isrealis.

The Palestinian interviewee is backed by a British film-maker who is extremely biased anyway. The Jewish interviewee was not a good choice, as he's pretty hopeless at getting his point across cohesively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinn View Post
What does that have to do with the actual points being made? It's a discussion about the current events of bombing. "Pillar of Hypocrisy" is just the questionable subject.
The best point of the whole interview that was only briefly touched upon, is that Hamas had placed their military assets in residential locations, so near where children are based. Hamas knew what they were doing here and knew would lead to two distinct possibilties 1) Placing these military installations in a residential attack to avoid attack or 2) Placing these military installations in a residential attack to encourage an attack and then when civilian casualties mounted up, they automatically would grab sympathy. Hamas don't give a shit about civilian casualties, they're just means to an end.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote