Music Banter - View Single Post - One Hit Wonders - List your favorite one hit wonder songs and artist(s)
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy
One-Hit in The States, but a perfect choice! It's a fine cover of another One-Hit Wonder band called The Strangeloves, who were in fact a couple of legendary Bubblegum (In the Right definition of the word!) songwriters from NYC posing as Australians (!).

Texans The Sir Douglas Quartet, another band posing as being from somewhere else, almost stayed a One-Hit Wonder with "She's About a Mover." At first, their gimmick was being from England. By '69, they owned up and had one more hit with "Mendocino." I would have doubt it that the killer Texan Style G-Punk vocals would have fooled many, though.

One US One-Hit band that wound up being more respected in The UK when they were still around were Love, who's "7 and 7 Is" was their US Top 40 ("My Little Red Book" was just short of the list). Forever Changes, their essential album, was a decent sized hit album in The UK, along with a couple of other albums including Out There, a under-performihg album in The US that I think hit the Top 40 in the UK.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote