Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #335 (permalink)
slappyjenkins
Music Addict

Free” Lyrics by Erica

I’m waiting, hoping you’ll shed the cross you bear.
I’m wishing, yearning you’ll treat yourself with care.
Take from your lovely mouth that cigarette.
Put down your glass. I don’t want to lose you yet. all of these first lines are so very powerful. I remember saying those exact words ' I don't want to lose you yet.' so many times.'

I’m waiting, hoping you’ll treasure that you live.
I’m wishing, yearning you’ll take the love I give.
Let your pain out when you feel it’s no use.
Don’t turn it inward in self-abuse. Can't put my finger on it, but this series of lines doesn't seem to speak to me as much as the first. Still great lines, just can't tell what's wrong.

Stand wingless with me. I guess this was supposed to be 'naked' and you had to change it? The re-wording is meant to say 'sober up, don't be high?' just guessing. It's a bit awkward only because when I first see that stand wingless with me, it takes a second for my mind to process this to make sense to me
Let yourself be free.

I’m waiting, hoping you’ll come to the door.
I’m wishing you’ll see life offers you more.
Breathe out those burdens. Inhale the sunset sky.
Walk the horizon line. Find a natural high. again, very powerful, as people with substance abuse often become shut-ins...they no longer go out or have happiness with life

Stand wingless with me.
Let yourself be free.

I’m waiting, hoping you’ll take the gift I bring.
It’s free and it’s yours. I don’t want anything.
When life drags you down, please give yourself a choice.
I’ll listen. We’ll shoot the breeze. Just use your voice. this is very genuine and heartlfelt, a sign of true friendship and caring,

Stand wingless with me.
Let yourself be free.

Well here is my first critique for you. This really got to me. About 3 months ago I had a close friend die who had substance abuse problems for years. She got drunk and fell down her back steps and broke her neck.

She is finally not suffering anymore. She's not a slave to her addiction anymore. Sometimes the sadness is overwhelming.

It is such a fine line to walk when dealing with someone who is battling a mental disease or substance abuse. For me, I finally told her, you need to get control over this or I can't be around you. She said she didn't want to lose me as a friend, but she never slowed down drinking. It got to a point where she would get up and open a beer. Within 5 minutes of being awake! And spend the entire day getting drunk. I guess I feel guilt...I feel like I should have been more forceful or more persistant. I just don't know what else I could have done, and now I'll never get the chance. She's gone.
slappyjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote